Public Speaking and Workshops
Speaking engagements are customizable from one to six hours and can be delivered in person, over the phone, or via webinar. Recent topics include
- The Many Faces of Hoading (for behavioral health professionals)
- The Many Faces of Hoarding and Trauma (for behavioral health professionals)
- Paper Management
- How Did I Get All This Stuff? And Now What Do I Do With It?
- Organizing the K2 Way!
- Hoarding and Chronic Disorganization
- Lose the Stuff. Find Yourself.
- Whose Stuff is it Anyway? Helping Someone You Love Declutter or Downsize.
Consultations for Organizers and Related Professionals
We all need a little help sometimes, especially when our work with people ventures outside our comfort zones or skill sets. Whether you are a professional organizer working with a client with mental health challenges or more severe disorganization than you are comfortable, a therapist working with clients who are chronically disorganized or who hoard, or another professional who needs to learn more about mental health conditions or causes of disorganization, we can help you with over 6 years of experience as a Professional Organizer and over 20 years experience in the mental health field, including 18 years as a therapist.
With our professional mental health consultation you can:
- Gain a better understanding of any diagnosable mental health condition so you will recognize symptoms
- Gain a better understanding of the home environments (physical and emotional) clients face so you can provide more holistic care
- Learn communication skills that will help your clients make faster progress
- Learn how your client's mental health symptoms may be impacting your organizing efforts or how your client's disorganization may be impacting your clinical interventions
- Recognize when you need to refer a client to a therapist and when you can handle the situation
- Get an on-site consultation or observation with feedback and recommendations so you can further develop your skills as an organizer
- Gain an understanding of the language of mental health professionals, including commonly used acronyms so you can more easily communicate with the mental health community
- Learn where to refer clients in central Ohio and what types of treatments are available (both therapeutic and organizational) so your clients see you as an even more valuable resource
- Gain a better understanding of why some clients "push your buttons" and how to move past it without ending the working relationship
How it works
We conduct the consultation by phone, in person, or in the client's environment. (K2 Organizing, LLC will enter a non-compete agreement with you whenever there is direct client contact). Professional Consultation services are billed in 30 minute increments, so you pay only for what you use. Package rates are available.